Project Area: Vaishali District, Bihar | Timeline: 2010 – Till date.
MVF is implementing the program of ensuring quality of education in government schools in Vashali District of the State of Bihar. Its emphasis has been in creation of awareness against child labour, motivating scheduled castes, backward, musahir other dalit communities to send their children to schools and creating a consensus in its entire area of operation in favour of children’s right to education.
The program covers 16 panchayats and reaches out to 34000 children. The major interventions in the program have been in monitoring retention of children in schools through the School Management Committees, giving technical support to the state run Residential Bridge Course camps and mobilizing communities to strengthen the school system.
MVF also conducts trainings for gram panchayats on implementation of RTE act.
- Nine Gram Panchayats regularly conduct review meetings with child related departments like schools, Anganwadi’s and health.
- Support to 3260 children in 32 RBCs and 20000 children in 620 NRBCs.
- Special programmes and strategies reaching out to 6800 children in 32 tolas of backward Musahir communities.
- 38 one day camps held for motivating 8000 children to join and continue schooling
- 8795 children enrolled in schools
| Donor: Stichting Kinderpostzegels Nederland (SKN)