In the State of Telangana: Shankarpally Mandal, Ranga Reddy District; Vikarabad and Marpally Mandals, Vikarabad District; and Nuthankal and Athmakur(S) Mandals, Suryapet District.
In the State of Andhra Pradesh: Halaharivi and Holagunda Mandals, Kurnool District.
| Timeline: 2014 – 2022
The program follows up on adolescent girls who have dropped out of school giving them confidence to pursue education and join schools and thus making way for a second chance. MVF establishes contacts with out of school girls, provide for coaching classes, and help them take the National Open School examination; reappear for the class 10 boards’ examination; and negotiate with the schools to re-enroll them.
In order to build an atmosphere in support of rights of adolescent children especially girls and their education MVF built awareness and mobilized communities on gender equality and girl’s education. It also strengthened capacities of the local functionaries in the system to reach out to adolescent children in implementing all laws and policies. It fostered forming of youth clubs as secular spaces for both boys and girls together as equals and ensure participate in joint activities without any discrimination.
- MVF followed-up girls and boys in the age group of 11-18 years and studying in classes 6th to 12th gradein 74 high schools, 7 KGBVs, 3 model schools and 19 Junior colleges to reduce dropouts, complaints of abuse, better transportation facilities, child marriages, extra help in academics in the program area and so on
- So far 5754 girls and 6976 boys were followed up to take class 10 and Intermediate board exam
- 15 school dropouts were encouraged to continue with their education through the Open School system and were subsequently mainstreamed.
- Formed 127 committees with adolescent girls and boys committees (together) in schools.
- 149 youth clubs at the village level have been formed that include boys and girls. The youth clubs take up joint activities up for sports, reading, awareness of entitlements and rights, trainings for boys on masculinity and gender equality and so on..
- Orientation has been given to community, gram panchayats, self- help groups, youth, CRPF, SMCs, school teachers on MVFs Non-Negotiable on Adolescent Children through group discussions, round table, trainings, and meetings at the village, gram panchayat and mandal level.
Donor: Stichting Charity Fund Rijsholt